As per the title of the recent movie we feel we are putting our kids through a lot of upheaval, but actually they are showing all signs that they are perfectly ok. Last weekend was already pretty good (the first few pictures) and then this week at school, especially for Rick all appeared to be more normal, he is talking, A LOT, and they where ok with the maid in the afternoons.
The kids don't seem to share my frustration for the lack of things in our house and are happy playing with most anything.
Rick and Kaat are also not at all yet bored hanging out together and are quite sweet to each other and are happily sharing a room now.
For us the rollercoaster is still going - very much up and down, although more often up then down. This week saw another endless stream of people at the house, not quite as many as last week but still enough....and finally a fixed and filled pool...though not ready for usage yet. Our 2nd TV is still not delivered and now overdue. We have decided on nanny's & maids (current is temporary but kind of works for now), have paid for the car which should now be here at the end of next week and have taken receipt of our curtains. I have with patience and a lot of hours in the car and prior research online tested out the most likely stores to find a few things for the house and failed. Which is not so good for the hormonal me who is MORE then ready to nest. Work has taken off very seriously for me as well with interesting scope but longer hours needed then I have. and we found out we need to go back to the registration office again -:(. I did found some fabulous Maartje shops (Mother Earth & Good Earth) and managed to buy a few things that made me happy (most not very practical). We also tried the fish & french bread deliveries to the house this week and both are great. Fantastic products, easy, no hassle. Just send a text message in the morning or the night before and get some lovely food delivered to the door. I rented a few additional furniture pieces including a better bed for us and that made a BIG difference to my mood and physical wellbeing and my boss may be back in India and actually in the office the next 2 - 3 weeks. (I have seen him 1x 2 hrs and 1x 3 hrs since I arrived!). We had a new parent introduction meeting at school, at which we got a specific mention as 2 working parents who just arrived, with 2 kids 3 and under and a 3rd on the way (yes here also everyone thinks we are 'special' or nuts!) and I had a big offsite team meeting for me.
This weekend we felt more at home yet again and had a more normal Friday night routine, with happy kids in a box saturday morning. Less frustration at the weekly shop as we knew better what to get, where to start how to navigate the somewhat chaotic shop. I also found some promising looking online furniture stores where I finally found some of the fun things I did not end up buying in the US because they said 'made in India' and this morning daringly placed an order for the few 'missing pieces'. They will not be here before the sea freight, or even the baby probably, but at least it is what I wanted and I can give up the city hunt. We are also kind off organized for Kaat's Birthday and if all is well our Sea Freight should have arrived at least on Indian shores this weekend too. This morning Rick happily went to his Art class again after which we went for Brunch in a place we knew nothing about and had picked from the guides. It was quiet this morning but perfect, kids happy, we happy.
After lunch we had a nice play date at a new friends house and just lounged in the garden whilst the kids ran around, played with water and the trampoline. A normal kind of sunday!?
Eelco and I still start the next week with mixed emotions - still a long list of things to sort, busy work, hoping the temp maid will show and not have issues, hoping for good news on the freight (could be 1 - 3 more wks now), chasing after the TV, the pool, getting a drivers license for Eelco such that he can take me to the hospital after drivers hours, the new driver starting with the new car etc etc. But the biggest load is of our shoulders. The kids are all right!
and that makes everything else easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment