Texas has a few outlet shopping hotspots. Houston has a big share but the real big & central place is in San Marcos which was 10 Miles from where we stayed. With the upcoming move and the last of the summer sale on as well as a general busy life and little time for shopping for particularly Eelco we did want to make use of the opportunity....
Fully aware that such an experience is no fun for kids we made sure that they got a good couple of hours of play time in beforehand and agreed we would do 60 - 90 minutes of power shopping fro Eelco together, and that when (not if) we would reach meltdown with the kids he would take them to some cool indoor playground whilst I would do the shopping for the remainder of the family.
With a couple of hundred stores, lost of good bargains and nice brands I was looking forward to the program but had little hope I would get as much time as I wanted. We started out very well though. Rick was glued to the iPad and Kaat joined him or played in the fitting rooms and touched every mirror in every shop.
Kaat declared everything - including herself - preppy (pretty) and behaved like a little lady - especially after we got her some shiny jewelry.
Amazingly enough we kept going from shop to shop and all was well, with a little stop in teh food court and the adjacent playground and a catnap here and there from Kaat we managed to keep it a family outing the whole way through. Almost 7 (really!) hours later we left the outlet center. I think I have full bragging rights about my kids now - 7 hours of outlet shopping - I know many adults who can't manage that - let alone toddlers. Thank you Rick & Kaat - thanks to you Eelco has a whole new cool wardrobe.
No comments:
Post a Comment