Starbucks opened in Bangalore

No major milestone for any of you - but for me it is. Starbucks opened its first two stores in Bangalore. It sounds better then it is as neither have any drive through capacity and one is in the centre of town (> 1hr drive from us) and the one closer by is in a mall. One that I visit 1x per month at best and is not close enough to go get a coffee somewhere during the work day. 

Still it is lovely to be able to buy coffee with a predictable taste, non sweet, exactly how I want it. The local coffee day chain does not do a bad job but it depends somewhat on the staff and the cups are small only.
When Eelco and I had a day touring the city for a bunch of random things we came past the new Flagship Starbucks....woohoo! There was security at the door (?!?) and more staff behind the counter then customers inside - but it still made me happy. With a huge coffee back in the car the drive home seemed to pass in no time.
Just decided to pass on the cakes....they had something resembling my favorite Lemon Loaf from the US....however this one tasted more like lemon tea (bitter ice tea taste) -:(

When the driver asked if it was expensive (he always asks) I said no very quickly (i.e. prices are similar as in US), however, compared to all the other local coffee chains.....it actually is.

No comments: