Both Eelco and I ran this morning and it was a big success for both of us with personal bests at 1:34:42 for Eelco (who joined a running club for training) and 2:24:18 (who wanted to to the bl**** thing one more time with a more decent result and hence improved 30 Min from her 2010 time!).
Before the start at 5:15 am a somewhat weary smile from me - Neither Eelco nor me had much confidence I would make my < 2h30 target...
Before the start at 5:15 am a somewhat weary smile from me - Neither Eelco nor me had much confidence I would make my < 2h30 target...
At the convention centre with my friend Shona (purple) from Aberdeen who now also is in Houston and was running too!
With Eelco - Even more nervous!
The fanclub at mile 4.5; Okke, Kaat, Marlouke & Maartje (and Joost taking pics)
Noor & Marlouke making sure we had some balance from home / Holland after the prayer and US Anthem before the start -;)
Eelco passing the fans & Kaat on schedule
clearly walking on air
Kaat sort of understood what this was about (not!)
but I was in tears when I saw her - my gorgeous little girl! - last year we were spectators at the marathon just 5 days after she was born!
by then Eelco was racing past the next fanclub:
Oma Joke, Hero Rick & photographer Sjoerd
surprisingly enough mom was still running too by the time she passed them (both time at Mile 8ish & Mile 10+)
In the meantime Kaat was happily being entertained by Maartje
and Joost - oblivious to our suffering
But we made it! And in good time. Eelco was so fast that there was nobody to take his picture so he has to wait for the official ones.
Good Job!!! Even I am proud of myself & pretty pleased this time. A big thank you to all in support without whom we would not have done so well and a big congrats to Sietske too - with whom I started this 2 years ago - who ran an amazing 2h08!!!!
I am not really superstitious - just a little -:) - but the first day I finally made it out for a training run was October 15th - exactly 3 months prior to the event - when I tallied up my training runs last Tuesday I established I had run exactly 106.9 Mi in preparation for the event - meaning that if I add today's 13.1 I have exactly run 120 Mi in the past 3 months. Funny...
I am not really superstitious - just a little -:) - but the first day I finally made it out for a training run was October 15th - exactly 3 months prior to the event - when I tallied up my training runs last Tuesday I established I had run exactly 106.9 Mi in preparation for the event - meaning that if I add today's 13.1 I have exactly run 120 Mi in the past 3 months. Funny...
No comments:
Post a Comment