Baby shower

This evening the girls from work had organized a baby shower for me. Last time around they had to talk to me for 2.5 months before I even let them organize one. This time they simply did not give me a choice. Yes it was potentially a little early but with Thanksgiving next week and then the next few weeks till Christmas being booked with (work) Christmas dinners & lunches it made sense. January the ladies thought would be way too late.
 I got to make the guest list fortunately and so we ended up with some 10 ladies at a nice place near work. As Eelco unexpectedly is in Louisiana looking at a ruptured pipeline Rick had to come with me to the event to the delight of all the ladies. The Cake was made out of little cupcakes and shaped in the form or a dress. 
 My dear colleague Loure, who is the greatest giver of all givers, also bought Rick a Mom & Baby related present which he absolutely LOVED.
Loure & Mindy
 Marlette, Rick, Shona and I
 I know by now that the Americans go Large and Generous when it comes to these things and even though I tried to keep the group small to those I actually know well and although this is my second baby the girls absolutely went all out. I put everything on display at home for Eelco for when he comes home at some late hour in the night. The cake & balloons are not cheap either I know and one of the girls gave me a 'spa' gift card and the only Dutch lady a more proportioned present so the below really is from 7 people.....
 Among the presents the cutest furry cowboy boots and a box of little socks with the shoe printed on them in 6 colors. She is going to be some fashionable & fancy lady our little girl.
I am just very glad that Rick loves Pink too. Eelco at first (and Eelco's parents who are back in Houston next week) may take some time getting used to the frilly pinkness.

No comments: